DECEMBER, WHERE DID YOU COME FROM?

Sunday, December 1



It goes down the same way every year. Today is December 1 and yesterday was November 30. Easy peasey you might say. BUT my mind is blown. Maybe I'm just becoming boring, and dramatic changes like this put me over the edge. I'll have to address that later. I'm only 22, I can't become boring yet! There's so much time for that ahead... (I kid, I kid, I won't ever be boring)

In honor of December and all things December-y that will come, here are pictures from last year's Christmas (delicious mulled wine that stained our teeth and lips red as can be, my favorite only sister and me looking haggard and freezing on the front lawn, and my grandmother's house which was built by her father and both she and my mother grew up in). Recently we've been spending every Christmas at my grandmother's in Johnstown, Pennsylvania -- a small mountain town in Western PA both infamous for the Johnstown Flood, the "Great Flood of 1889", and famous for being the coal town setting of "Slap Shot" and "All The Right Moves". It's okay if you've never heard of it, you have now! Our Christmas celebration is one of my absolute favorite times of the year.

This Christmas will be extra exciting because Trevor is coming with me! Big step? Yes, yes it is.

So cheers to December! And to all of you out there who are just as surprised at its sudden arrival as I am.

No comments :

Post a Comment