MOM, MEET CHICAGO

Friday, December 20


As a pre-Christmas treat my mom flew in to Chicago from San Francisco to spend wednesday and thursday with me and to see my final coached ensemble show at Second City. I loved being able to show her the city through my eyes, taking her to some of my favorite places and talking about the aspects of the city that make me swoon. The last time I saw her was back in August on the morning she dropped me off at the San Francisco airport and gave me a huge hug goodbye before I boarded the plane to Chicago. Back then I was moving across the country on a whim, having found roommates on craigslist and registering for a class at Second City about two weeks before. Crazy how time flies.

My mom flew in wednesday afternoon and that night we headed to Ukai {a great byob sushi restaurant in lakeview} with a bottle of wine she had brought, then after dinner meandered over to iO for their free wednesday night improv show. It was the first time she had seen long-form improv in person {she's been watching my improv performances online :)}, so I was really happy I could share the experience with her. On thursday we went out on the town -- morning coffee at Dollop, the german Christkindlemarket downtown, millenium park, obviously the bean, lincoln park shopping, and on and on. We went to dinner at Bub City {one of my favorite bbq restaurants in town} and after taking time to digest {and nap} at home, we went to Second City for my show! The last show went really well and it felt great to end on such a good note. I've had a blast with this ensemble and am really looking forward to working with all of them in the future!

As for now, I'm currently straining my eyes to see the screen while on a greyhound bus heading towards T in Ann Arbor. Tomorrow morning we load up his car and drive down to my grandmother's house in Johnstown, PA. And from there, hopefully a very white Christmas!

Hope all of you are as excited for your weekends as I am! #TGIF #greyhoundissketchy #notsurewhyimusinghashtags

No comments :

Post a Comment