DEAR LEGGINGS

Thursday, January 9


Dear Leggings,

You know how much I love you. I mean if you haven't figured it out after I wore you four days in a row this past week then I don't know how else I can show you. Thank you for hugging my legs oh so gently even when I'm eating week old Chinese leftovers and I dribble my tea all over you because my grubby little hands can never seem to hold the mug steady enough. You never complain when my stomach expands from a food baby and I love how you make my butt look round. I never have to struggle to pull you on {except when I put on lotion right before and I recognize that that's my fault} and when it's freezing outside and not much warmer inside I can always count on you to make me happy.

Remember last week when we were curled up on the couch together and I was knocking back my antibiotics and we just had the grandest time laughing ourselves silly during the Modern Family marathon? Or remember when you developed a little hole on the left cheek area and I was willing to look past it and still love you? And oh my gosh how could I forget last night when you came out with my roommates and me to Sheffield's for drinks and you kept telling me that it was okay to look sub-par because my boyfriend lives in another city, but I didn't really believe you?

You see, the thing is, I need to remember what life felt like without you. You mean so much to me and I truly do love you, but I need more challenge in my life. Sometimes {very rarely} I need to remember to stop overeating and sometimes I need to remind myself that I can look nice, in a non-leggings nice way. So we need to go on a break. And by break I mean I'm throwing you in the wash today. I'll probably be back for you tomorrow, I've always been kinda shitty with goodbyes.

It's not you, it's me.

Sincerely,

Alison

1 comment :

  1. This is great. Literally I feel the same about my leggings/yoga pants (what girl doesn't) and I lol'ed!

    ReplyDelete