THE LIST

Thursday, January 16

First, I don't have any pictures from today {let me tell you, I'm having a very rough looking day} so instead let me introduce to you my ghosts of recent birthdays past...


In preparation for my birthday tomorrow, I've created a list of twenty-three things I want to accomplish during this next year. I reasoned that because I skipped over creating new year's resolutions I had to follow through with this. But I didn't want lofty resolutions that I'd never be able to follow {lose weight, always be grateful, stop swearing... who am I kidding?}. I wanted actual goals that I think will make twenty-three the most amazing year yet {hard to beat the glorious age of 9, but I'll do my best}. At first I wanted it to be like a bucket list, but T says that's too morbid. And twenty-three is not going to be a morbid year, for I've decided that there will be no dying in my twenty-third year. So I'm sticking with calling it the list and I'm hoping that by posting it on this wee little blog I'll be more likely to follow it.

Let's get started, shall we?


THE LIST:

1. Practice yoga at least twice a week.

2. Learn how to play the ukulele.

3. Write a show and then perform in it {either web series or sketch show}.

4. Remember birthdays. And always send cards, preferably homemade.

5. Hike some type of mountain and don't complain while doing so.

6. Don't get pregnant.

7. Develop and commit to this blog.

8. Perform a stand-up comedy set {this is undoubtedly inspired by Taylor}.

9. Budget. And by budget I mean don't go in to the red zone.

10. Become more active within my church.

11. Visit my sister in London.

12. Reach out to old friends.

13. Spend more time reading and less time cyber stalking.

14. Go to at least one improv/sketch show a week.

15. Organize a reunion trip to see my best friends from college.

16. Go to a sing-along movie... extra points if it's 'Grease'.

17. Skinny dipping!

18. Put my laundry away once it's clean. Big girls don't let their clean laundry sit in the laundry hamper.

19. Pack my lunch more often, unless I strike it rich within the next year and then this goal becomes null.

20. Respond to texts/voicemails/emails.

21. Take the time to love fully. Yes this is lofty and broad, but it's important to me.

22. Roadtrip! I mean, what year is complete without a roadtrip?

23. Get a piece of my writing published -- doesn't matter whether it's in my grandfather's retirement home newsletter or The New Yorker {okay, so I might have a preference}.

To sum this baby up, Alison -- HAVE FUN, TAKE RISKS, DANCE THE NIGHT AWAY, SAY YES, SPEND YOUR DAYS LAUGHING AND LOVING. And there ya go, the best year yet.

17 comments :

  1. this sounds like a great list =) happy birthday !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I'm a little jealous you're just turning 23, makes me feel old yikes! FYI I'm doing stand-up next Tuesday and Wednesday if you're ready, they're both at really friendly places too. Hope you have a great bday and if you head to Armando on Monday I'll be hosting the pre screening of Amy Pohler's new TV show afterward in the DCT, you should stop by it's probably going to be very random!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah all those activities sound awesome! I'm in Cancun next week with Trevor though {thawing out from the cold and celebrating our one year mark}, but please host the second episode next Monday! I vote that it should become a weekly thing.

      Delete
  3. Bahaha! My fav is don't get pregnant. One of my things this year is to develop/grow my blog as well. Sounds like you have a lot of exciting things coming so you better hurry and get started!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just checked out your blog and it's great! I love knitting and fitness too!

      Delete
  4. This is too cute! "Don't get pregnant" is my favorite, too! Happy birthday, beautiful girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, I'm holding you accountable because all of this sounds like this year will be AMAZING for you. Make it happen, girl!! Happy Birthday!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes please do keep me accountable! And thank you :)

      Delete
  6. Love these goals, skinny dip and don't get pregnant are on my list too! Also is your birthday tomorrow...because my birthday is totally tomorrow! Twins!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have the same birthday! Capricorns taking over the world one blog at a time... I like it :)

      Delete
  7. Happy birthday! I like your goals! Don't get pregnant made me laugh out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL! "Don't get pregnant!" That's kind of funny. For me, it's the opposite. Heheh!! Anyways, I tried to reply to your comment you left on my blog (www.texasmrs.com) and it said you were a No Reply Blogger! Sad day. Just thought you should know in case you wanted to fix that!! Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for pointing out the No Reply! I had no idea that was even a thing and so have now fixed it (it hope...)!

      Delete
  9. Happy happy birthday! I love the list. Sending cards is one of my year's goals, too. The problem is I just never have stamps, so I have tried to stock up. I always save people's addresses in their contact info in my phone so I don't have that excuse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I always have to ask people for their addresses {over and over again, definitely need to start saving them}. But cards seriously make everything better!

      Delete
  10. Yes I love it!! Especially 6, 13, 18, and 22...

    ReplyDelete