LET'S RECAP

Friday, January 3

I'm sorry I've been such a stranger lately. I kept wanting to come back to the blog but every time I tried to, my hands got clammy and brain went silent. But I'm ready now. You see this last week I've been struggling {seriously struggling} with a kidney infection and minor concussion and have just been an all-around mess.

T has pulled through as MVP, with Cipro following as a close second. But to sum up T's achievements because I haven't said thank you enough, THANK YOU T for .... forcing me to go to the doctor and then waiting with me for the verdict {dun dun dunnnnnn} ... holding me to stop the uncontrollable shivering ... running out in the blizzard weather for thermometers, cranberry juice, and advil ... bringing home bagels because bagels = happiness ... refilling my water bottle/glass over and over and over and then making sure I finish it ... making us french onion soup and pouring two glasses of champagne to celebrate new year's, just us on the couch wrapped up in big blankets.

So basically it's been a hell of a whirlwind and it looks like I'm finally out of the worst of it.

And on that note, here's a smorgasbord of pictures from the holidays!

This jar of vegan/gluten-free "puppy chow" cookies was sent to me by my close friend Lindsey. Seriously SO delicious.

Yes, I might have gone a little overboard on Christmas cards. Definitely worth it. 

 Christmas time is also known as brandy time. Just keep pouring.

 What time is it? Mulled wine time.


1 comment :

  1. Hey there, Alison! I'm sorry you've been so sick!! I've heard kidney infections are rough stuff. Glad you are on the mend! Loved seeing all of your holiday pics - you are too adorable!

    Hope you have an awesome weekend!!
    HUGS,
    Jessica
    beingbarlow.com

    ReplyDelete